Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mouse traps the Net



A weiry night its raining all over the IIT campus most of the nocturnal creatures (mice, bats, PhD students) are enjoying the solace they like....but no..... see the bigger mouse and his son as usual busy with getting food. "Hey dad!!", said the kid looking from the outside of window of lab "Did u ever see these morons talking like us people in groups?" Dad said, "No dear these people sitting in front of boxes rarely like to talk but yes i remember, i made them do that once".... "When ?" asked the son surprisingly as if his fathers heroic feat was something he wanted to do....
Dad replied proudly, "When I was young almost three years ago?"....and then the story started it was His Story or History ....
He said," In fact i had been always trying to do some social service and good of deprived and poor human beings. I had asked the same question to ur grandfather and he told me all was well eight years before when there were less number of these boxes in front of them. He also shared with me the story of his journey through the box and how one of his friends met his death while passing through such a box (printer) which accidentally started and he came out along with a A4 sheet.
These boxes have made them forget to converse like us, so one day just a thought occurred to me, why these people don't talk among each other or most of them listen to only one as Profs in under-grads classroom or guide of grads. In fact they all hardly converse.
I thought of doing some research into the root cause of this virus spreading among human beings we friends even named it "NCV i.e non-communication virus" and sad thing was it was observed that this was a communicable virus and was spreading fast. My friends even held a closed door meeting to kill or somehow avoid this virus before it spreads into our community, by eating their infected food. We volunteered the act of figuring out what and how does this virus spreads and how much have already been affected within the campus? Teams were divided and we all parted our ways in hostels,labs,admnin blocks,deptts and schools. After a long survey we found that this strange disease has already affected a large population and root cause was the box as whoever had the box was found to be suffering from same symptoms.
In fact we ended up finding out we cant cut through this virus as it was being generated through boxes and it was impossible to destroy all boxes as number seems to be more than number of humans in campus. We had to give up this whole project as we hardly cud ever imagine to do so. This thing kept me bothering for almost months and since none of us was being ever affected by it we seem to drop the idea. Something in me always wanted me to go for better good ,"What if we are not being affected , at least they are (humans)getting affected? Y shouldn't we help them?"
So I decided to find out the cause of it by me alone. I started from a lab and walked all over the wire to enter the place where they ended and then followed another bunch to a place where that one ended. Every day I kept on following the wires till I reached the final destination of only few such wires. The building was full of boxes and for some matter my intuition said this is the one. The place i was looking for is here. I started by reaching a room full of such wires and two three boxes. I understood the root cause of everything if there is any is this one so I need to do some repair here. I took the task of eating the wires and i just had some of them. Next day I was amazed to see more people on the streets and talking. I found lot of them were having a lot of gossips many taking tea together and many having a good old laugh. Friends meetings, and lot of crowd everywhere. I was able to understand within seconds that i have destroyed the virus in one time.
I was so proud of me that night till i broke this news to my friends. It seemed to me none was happy with that, I was told y i needed to do that. I was surprised as for me this was discovery a way of getting human out of virus and self-satisfaction. Later next day, I was told that there had been a massacre , lot of my friends got hurted or lost their life's when same people had a talk of our growing numbers and they got time to give a rat-poison. I was blamed for it all, in fact i was told the problem was that i had cut some main internet cable which was necessary for the boxes to make human stick to it. The situation became worst in next few days when we lost many of our friends and for humans things started becoming again the same as it was. I was held responsible for helping humans and deceiving our community leading to death of many friends.....and thats y my son I will advise u please look for satisfying your desires and let the remaining things to humans only...." and there goes the fatherly advice to a son who also had anthropological interests.

PS: The mouse are still less-educated to understand and differentiate between box and computer (as its of no use for them) and the mouse we use and the one they are. So the box word used in this post is their interpretation of computer.

1 comment:

wandering soul said...

Hmmm ..
interesting title ..
usually its the poor mouse or mice who are trapped, this time its the mouse that traps the net !!!

complete cut off from the net ..
it can make ppl life go upside down..

I liked the narration !!!

keep writing my blogger buddy